Packing up for a trip is always exciting. Road trips have their pros and cons but one of the pros is no baggage fees! And full size shampoo bottles.
Next time you hit the road for a long weekend, wedding or family reunion remember these Color Me Jetset tips.
- pack a snack - trail mix is great - avoid stopping for fast food at all costs!
- rock the mixed tape - get geared up for your trip by creating a mix of tunes to keep you grooving on the road
- print directions and have your GPS - and try to get different versions (Google Maps and Mapquest) - there might be construction, different routes or different road names
- read the directions before you set out - so you're not scrambling when the giant interchange is looming
- alternate coffee and water - believe it or not, the water will go further to keep you alert (maybe even two waters for every coffee)
- if you're travelling with a buddy make sure a sweatshirt is within reach so handle body temperature differences - unless you're driving a car with a fancy dual-heating system
- make plenty of pit stops - life is about the journey, not the destination so if you've got some time to spare, see the world's largest ball of twine!
Got any other road trip tips? Share them with us on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #ColorMeJetset